Sunday, August 11, 2013

18 Months Post-Op



June 24, 2013
DR. PIPER APPOINTMENT- 10:30am

I went into this appointment feeling really fantastic. I was having no pain and no headaches at all. As with all of my other appointments, I started out with CT Scans and measurements. Then Dr. Piper spent a lot of time with us going over all of his findings and answering all of our questions. He's truly the best at never rushing and making you feel like his only patient. Here was his report...



Because I was feeling so good, and things were progressing so well, Dr. Piper said that I could start chewing regular foods again. I cannot begin to explain how very excited I was that my 18 months of a soft diet had come to an end. My first meal was a salad and a few chips! I had a little bit of muscular soreness from chewing at first, but nothing that required medication. Now, I pretty much eat anything I want within reason and have zero pain or soreness. Ha, I have also gained 5lbs. Oh well, this girl loves food!

I have continued to work out daily and do Pilates twice a week, which really makes a difference for me. I am still taking all of my vitamins and supplements, but Dr. Piper said that I could wean off of my Trazodone at night. I've cut back from 75mg to 25mg at bedtime without any problems or clenching. He wants to keep me at this dose until he sees me again in October. Until then, the waiting game continues, but I don't mind because I feel so wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment