Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I'm HEALED!!!

Today I am TOTALLY, 100% HEALED! It has been two years and ten months since my first surgery. I feel FABULOUS and I wouldn't even know I had two major surgeries if I didn't feel so great now (and remember how terrible I felt before meeting Dr. Piper).  I am off all of my prescription medications and I only take a daily multi vitamin and Calcium with Vitamin D. I can eat normally for the first time in almost eight years. My retainer only has to be worn when I sleep. I have no headaches or muscle spasms and ZERO pain!!! 

No More -B-R-A-C-E-  -F-A-C-E-

August 19, 2014
DR. PIPER + DR. JACKSON APPOINTMENTS
I had my 6 month check ups with both Dr. Piper and Dr. Jackson in one day. Everything still looked perfect, so I was cleared to get my braces off and discontinue all of my meds! My only stipulation was having to wear my retainer 24/7 for 30 days. Jay and I were so excited to start a new chapter in our lives, that we booked a trip to celebrate in BORA BORA. Can you see my JOY?



I am SO THANKFUL to God, Dr. Piper, Dr. Jackson, Jay, my family, and friends for helping me through it all. It wasn't an easy path, but it was my path, and I am grateful for the strength and perspective I gained while overcoming so many obstacles along the way. Above all, I know that diligence and faith can move mountains, and mostly, that I am BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE.


2 comments:

  1. Hey there!
    Thank you for sharing your story, beginning to present. I'm 21 years old, going into my senior year, and getting this surgery on Thursday. I'm absolutely terrified and full of never ending anxiety but your faith and positivity is so encouraging. Do you have any last minute bits of advice? Or questions I should ask?
    I'm so happy you have had such a positive and healing journey with dr. Piper! I'm very hopeful that my years of suffering will soon end!
    Thank you,
    Kendelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendelle- I wish you all the very best! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

      Delete