Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Before You Leave Home


TIPS- THINGS TO DO TO PREPARE
  • Work Out + Eat Healthy
  • Clean + Organize Your Home
  • Stock Up on Essential Household Items, Toiletries + Food
  • Buy Gifts + Cards (that you'll need for the first weeks after surgery)
  • Prepare and Freeze Meals + Pureed Foods
  • Research + Collect Healthy No Chew Recipes

  • Two weeks before, switch from the medicines you're currently taking at night, to prevent clenching or aid in sleep, to the medications you'll be on after surgery (Klonopin + Trazodone). This way your body will have a chance to get used to them and you'll know if you'll have any adverse reactions.

  • Make your Physical Therapy Appointment (for when you get home)
  • Line up a Pilates Studios (for when you get home)
  • Speak with Kathy at Edward White Hospital about Admissions, Insurance, and Payment Information
  • Obtain the Cashiers Checks or Wiring Instructions to pay Dr. Piper and Dr. Jackson

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering why you recommend Pilates, gifts and cards?

    Also, can you please explain your pt? Thanks!

    Ps. My surgery date is right around the corner; I'm not some random!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren! I will be thinking about you as you have surgery and wishing you nothing but the very best. I got gifts and cards for my family to open while they were waiting for me during my surgery. I just wanted to let them know how appreciative I was for them and make them smile during a stressful 5-6hr wait. You don't have to do this. On the other hand, Pilates is very important for recovery. It has helped me more than I can express. I still do it twice a week to keep my neck and shoulders from hurting and it has been 3 years since my first surgery. I will never stop. Dr. Piper told me to do Pilates once I returned home, so I wanted to have it all ready to go when I was able. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete