Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I See the Light {DAY 5}

DAY FIVE- Sunday, Jan. 8th


Sunday was my turning point. It has gotten better each and every day since then. Once the nausea was gone for good, I was feeling puny, but a million times better. Even with the reduction in my pain medication, I was able to keep my pain under a Level 5. Thankfully, my facial swelling went down markedly, too.


During the day I focused on getting down as many calories and fluids as possible, and staying on schedule with my meds. We took two long walks, one through the park and another along the bay. In between these walks, I took my much needed afternoon nap, used my heating pad, and walked around the hotel.


You can directly see that the swelling in my face went down a lot. (However, my closed mouth smile was still in need of some serious work.)
                

The beautiful sunset on the first day of my RENEWED LIFE.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,

    my name is Caitlin and I was looking after my friend Michelle who got the surgery right before you. I wish we had gotten to know you and your Mum and Jay before the surgery.

    I'm so sorry for the hassles you went through. I'm really glad that you are doing betta now and hope you continue to heal :)

    Big Hug
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin-

    Hi! It is great to hear from you. Thank you for the kind + thoughtful message. It was lovely to have met you. My Mom + Jay really enjoyed getting to talk with you throughout the week, and we all thought you were AMAZING for coming to take care of your friend, Michelle. I am doing very well, and I hope you're doing wonderfully, too. Take Care.

    Sincerely,
    Christine :)

    ReplyDelete