Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Night Before

OVER PREPARE and then...

The evening before surgery I went running and took a long hot shower. Then, around 9:00 PM we went out for a lovely, but light, last supper. I drank as much water as possible to get very hydrated.

Next, I practiced hooking my rubber bands in certain shapes on my braces, and did a little personal grooming. I cut my nails and tweezed my eyebrows. You're going to look rough enough after surgery, there is no need to have scraggly nails or fuzzy caterpillars running across your forehead. Plus, you're not going to be able to think about these trivial matters after surgery. Finally, I packed my bag for the hospital.

TIP- THINGS TO PACK IN YOUR HOSPITAL BAG
  • Magnadoodle
  • Comfortable Change of Clothes
  • Slippers with Rubber Soles
  • Fuzzy Socks
  • Toothbrush
  • Toothpaste
  • Listerine
  • Lip Balm
  • Wet Cleansing Towelettes
  • Deodorant
  • Lotion
  • Kleenex
  • Free Standing Mirror
  • Heating Pad
  • Elastic Bands
  • Cards/Goodie Bags for Family Members
FYI- You cannot have anything to eat or drink after midnight. You must also be sure to remove all of the wax from your braces before you go to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment